Saturday, May 18, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel

So, it feels good to have good days.

This may seem like a "no, duh" statement, but it's been a long year. I'm finally getting my feet on the ground. It feels like I have been in transition for the last two years, but here's the thing:
I always dreamt when I was in Uganda about sitting in a coffee shop with friends listening to music. Possibly studying.
I always dreamt about having a youth group.
I always dreamt about having good friends close by.

So today:
I am getting ready for a final that I will kick butt on while hanging out with two friends (one who I just met today) at Northern Pacific Coffee Company, drinking way too much caffeine--they make AMAZING coffee and tea--and just hanging out.

On August 1 I will begin working with the youth. I will be in my own apartment. I will be building up a new life.

I feel like I've been in transit for the last two years. I was getting ready to leave Uganda, then I was fighting to get my footing here. And now here I am. Pieces are falling into place, and I feel like I'm getting a hang of how to do things here.

And it feels good. It feels like I've been in a never ending tunnel for so long and I'm finally seeing light. So: I'm looking forward to ending on a high note, relaxing over the summer, and starting at an awesome job soon!

So, I just wanted to say that I'm really grateful for the completely unconventional life I lead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment