Saturday, May 4, 2013

Late Night Theological Musings

So I had coffee with a friend from. It was really restorative... this was a friend that I had before some very hard personal issues came up for both of us, and it was nice to come back at the end and realize that we were both reaching the other side.
My conversation with the youth to figure out if they like me happens tomorrow. I was nervous, so I came back and decided to read the Bible and pray before bed. I flipped open and ended up at the end of Job (bearing in mind that a behemoth is either a hippo or an elephant and the leviathan is a crocodile).
It amazed me that God is so much bigger than our storms. It felt like he was speaking to me with his mention of the hippo/elephant and the crocodile. Those are some incredible animals. The pure beauty and power, which I am blessed to have seen in first person, are incomparable.I am so grateful that God has shown us bits of his power. We cannot capture his raw power. Every time we try, he just laughs. He laughs because he can show us just how much he is stronger and yet he bends down and shows us love through the storm. Even though it lasts for a while, our questions do not remain unanswered. God is just waiting for us to quiet down a little so he can show us the beauty through the storm.
God reaches out through our storms and lets us know that he is in control. We don't have to doubt because we can sleep in peace knowing that God is SO much bigger than our storms, whether they are issues with friends or hopes for jobs.
Just some thoughts.
Also, I came back and my computer started playing music. Look up the song Africa. I like the version by the Clef Hangers.
Well, these are my musings. 
God bless, and remember he is reaching through the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment