Thursday, July 3, 2014

Speed Locked Watchtowers

After a challenging few days, I am sitting down going through my recent photography attempts with my new--and extremely awesome--camera. These are some reflections and pictures to go along with them.


It's amazing the speed that life goes along with. I feel like we keep going and going, and then suddenly there is a warp-speed turn. We get a little whip-lash and hit in the face by some spray, or low hanging branches, or whatever is in the way. But it doesn't take the joy out of the ride!



We all have times of questioning and doubt. Is God there? Does He love me? I look at this and think of how we are locked into God's beautiful love for us, while he provides the awesome stability of the snowy mountains in the background.



And finally, we all watch out for each other. If I ever questioned this, the pure amount of loving kindness shown to me in the last few days has been more than enough to prove it. Maybe we take turns hanging out in the well-loved, age-old watchtower, looking out over the ocean for strays.


P.S. I'm really trying to learn the photography thing, especially in combination with a few words to communicate something. If you have suggestions, please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment